Dienstag, 17. Juni 2014

Blogtour "Losing it - Alles nicht so einfach" von Cora Carmack Tag 2: Autorenvorstellung und Interview

Guten Morgen ihr Lesefreunde,

heute macht also die Blogtour zu "Losing it - Alles nicht so einfach" von Cora Carmack bei mir auf
dem Blog halt und oh Mann! was bin ich aufgeregt.


http://www.egmont-lyx.de/buch/losing-it-alles-nicht-so-einfach/Meine "Aufgabe" ist es euch heute die Autorin etwas vorzustellen und ich habe die Ehre ein kleines Interview mit ihr zu veröffentlichen. Darauf freue ich mich besonders, denn es ist mein zweites Interview, das ich dank "meiner" Übersetzerin führen durfte.

Doch zuerst einmal möchte ich euch Cora Carmack selbst vorstellen, im Laufe der letzten beiden Wochen haben wir miteinander korrespondiert und ich muss wirklich sagen: Sie ist super sympathisch, was man nicht allein an eMails erkennen kann, sondern auch an ihrer Facebookpräsenz.
Bevor sie überhaupt angefangen hat mit dem Schreiben hat sie in allerlei (wie sie selbst auf ihrem Blog schreibt) langweiligen, lustigen und stressigen Jobs gearbeitet und nicht zuletzt in ihrem Traumjob - dem Schreiben!
Ihr neuester Roman (der, wie ich hoffe auch auf deutsch erscheinen wird) ist gerade in den USA erschienen.
Wenn ihr mehr über Cora und ihre Bücher erfahren wollte, dann schaut einfach auf ihrem Blog oder auf Facebook vorbei:
Blog
Facebook

Nun kommen wir zu meinem Interview mit ihr. Lange habe ich gehadert, wie ich es euch präsentieren soll. Und nach einigem Hin und Her habe ich entschieden, dass ich es im Original (ohne die Fragen/Antworten übersetzt zu haben) veröffentlichen werde.
Die Fragen und Antworten sind, wie ich finde sehr einfach und gut zu verstehen, sollte dennoch jemand unter euch sein der Probleme damit hat, so könnt ihr mir gerne eine eMail schreiben und ich lasse euch ein übersetztes Interview zu kommn.

Hier also meine Fragen und Coras, mitunter lustigen, Antworten:



1. “Losing it” - is Garrick and Bliss´s story and your first publication in germany. Are you excited?
I'm SO excited! It's still kind of mind boggling to know that my books are available in different languages in countries all over the world, and I just feel humbled that so many people are interested in my stories. Also, the cover is GORGEOUS.

2. Are you planning a reading tour in Germany in the near future? Maybe the Frankfurt Book Fair would be a good opportunity to introduce your book to German readers.

I don't have any plans in place at this time, but I would certainly love to visit Germany! I don't have a ton of control over where I go for events and signings – I go where my publishers send me, but if the opportunity ever arises to visit Germany, I certainly will. Funny story, I actually attended my first ever book signing as a reader in Germany. When I was studying abroad in college, an author I loved visited Berlin, so I took the train to go see her.

3. What can your German and American readers expect from you in the next months? Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to?

Well, hopefully my German readers will love Losing It, and if they want more about Garrick and Bliss, my novella Keeping Her (which continues their story) releases in Germany on September 4 (e-book only). As for the rest of the series, Faking It is set to release on October 2 of this year and Finding It is set to release March 5, 2015. The books are all companion novels, which means you can read them in any order you'd like. 

As far as my American readers go, the first book in my new series, All Lined Up, released in May and I’m hard at work on more books in that series. I love, love, love these characters, and hopefully will get the chance to share them with my German readers in the future.

4. When did you start writing? Have you already written some stories when you were a child? If so, can you remember your first story?

I think the first time I ever said, "I want to be a writer," was in Kindergarten. Of course, I also said that I wanted to be an actor, a ballerina, a teacher, an archaeologist, and the President of the United States...so there's that. For as long as I can remember, I would make up stories and write little plays for my family, but I didn't really start writing seriously until college. I was studying abroad in the Netherlands and dealing with the death of my grandmother, and the only thing I could think of was to write… to deal with what I was feeling through storytelling. It took five years of serious writing and studying before I wrote Losing It, but I knew from that moment on that it was all I wanted to do. 





5. Are you a reader yourself or do you not read anything while writing a new book? Are there any books on your bed stand?

I am absolutely a reader. I was a book blogger before I became an author, and I actually have trouble writing if I’m not reading. I need something to nurture that creative spot in my mind. I do try not to read anything too similar to my books while I’m writing though, so I usually read a lot of paranormal romance and fantasy. Next up on my to be read list is Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker, White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews.

Foto © Matt Tolbert

6. What are your TOP 3 books or authors?

Ahh… it’s so hard to choose just three.

Well, J.K. Rowling will always and forever be my favorite author. Harry Potter was such a huge part of my childhood, and that will never change.

I also really love Libba Bray. She writes YA, and each of her stories is so unique and different and has something to say. I also wrote her a letter when I was a teenager, and she wrote me back, giving me great advice, so she’ll always be close to my heart.

And last would probably be Jennifer Donnelly. I love her book Revolution so much, I got a tattoo inspired by it. It was one of those books that really touched me, and increased my desire to be a writer.

7. What do you do in your spare time when you are not working on a book? Do you have any other hobbies besides writing?

Well… I spend a lot of time working, whether it’s writing or editing or talking to readers online. I also travel a lot to signings and conferences. So, usually when I have free time, I like to relax and hang out with friends or read a great book. Really, I enjoy anything creative—going to see a play or a concert or something like that.

8. Can you tell us more about you and your books :) ?

I like to think I’m pretty cool. I work hard, but I also like to have fun. I'm a pretty silly and awkward person, and I think my books reflect that. When I started writing Losing It, it was because I wanted to read a book that was similar to my own college experience - not angsty and painful (although there definitely was some of that in college), but full of laughter and discovery and growth and friendship. All of my books to some extent are about character’s finding themselves—whether it’s figuring out what they want to do with their life or finding a way to be their own person instead of who someone else wants them to be. You can always expect my books to have humor and romance and the struggles of growing up and becoming an adult.

9. Any advise for those who write in their spare time and want to get published?

Keep writing! Write every day: even if you don't feel like it, even if it's only for fifteen minutes, even if you think it's terrible. Writing is like a muscle - it gets stronger and stronger the more you use it. Find a writing group where you can share your work, or a writing buddy to keep you accountable. And don't be afraid of what you're creating, because your ideas are important.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich hoffe euch gefiel dieses kleine Interview. Ich hatte nach dem Lesen das Gefühl, dass Cora Carmack eine Frau ist, die mit Leib und Seele beim Schreiben dabei ist! Sollte nun wirklich jemand Probleme mit dem englisch haben, keine falsche Scheu und meldet euch einfach!

Natürlich könnt Ihr bei dieser Blogtour auch etwas gewinnen, nämlich zwei Exemplar von Cora Carmacks Roman "Losing it - Alles nicht so einfach".
Wie könnt Ihr mitmachen?
In jedem Beitrag der Blogtour ist ein Wort versteckt, dass am Ende einen kompletten Satz ergibt.
Tragt den Lösungssatz (in der richtigen Reihenfolge) auf der letzten Station ins Formular ein und wenn er richtig ist landet ihr im Lostopf.

Mitmachen könnt Ihr bis zum 23.06.2014 um 23:59 Uhr. Ausgelosung und Gewinnerbekanntgabe findet dann am 24. Juni bis 14Uhr statt.
(Der Rechtsweg ist ausgeschlossen, keine Barauszahlung der Gewinne, falls es auf dem Postweg verloren geht übernehemen wir keine Haftung, Teilnahme erst ab 18)
Kleine Anmerkung: Versand nur innerhalb Deutschland - da hoff ich auf euer Verständnis.

Viel Glück und viel Spaß bei der Blogtour!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ihr seid heute erst dazu gekommen? Kein Problem!

Auf dem Banner oben oder hier unten findet ihr die verschiedenen Blogtourstationen




Viel Spaß bei der weiteren Blogtour und viel Glück beim Gewinnspiel!

Kommentare:

  1. Moin :)
    Das es mit Garrick und Bliss eine Bonusstory gibt hat mich gefreut, aber da es nur ein eBook ist fällt es für mich raus - leider.
    Im Buch war ja auch die Leseprobe von Cade, aber das hatte mich jetzt selbst nach dem Lesen nicht so interessiert. Auch Kelseys Geschichte reizt mich nicht.

    LG
    Bücherfee

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hm...schon schade..das alles nur in Englisch ist.
    Aber gut..vielleicht bekomme ich trotzdem ne Ahnung was im Interview so steht..

    LG..Karin..

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. PS: Ich habe mir, die Seite per Link übersetzten lassen..jetzt passt es und auch ich verstehe , was gesagt wurde!

      LG..Karin..

      Löschen

Formular Random House Challenge 2016

Blog-Archiv

Seitenaufrufe