Mittwoch, 19. November 2014

Autorenspecial "Gini Koch" Tag 1 - Das Interview

Guten Morgen in die Runde,

heute ist es endlich soweit, dass für mich langersehnte Autorenspecial zu einer meiner liebsten amerikanischen Autorinnen startet heute!


Wer den Ablauf meiner Autorenspecials kennt, der weiß, dass es diesmal etwas anders abläuft, als gewohnt. Nun, das liegt einzig und allein daran, dass es nicht anders zu planen ging, aber ich bin mir sicher ihr seid die Letzten, die sich darüber aufregen werden.

Doch bevor ich zur Vorstellung der Autorin und dem Interview komme, möchte ich noch ein paar Worte zum Ablauf des Gewinnspiels und des Specials geben. 

Da Gini eine amerikanische Autorin ist wurde das Interview auf englisch geführt, aus Zeitgründen war es meiner Freundin (die deutlich besser englisch kann als ich und so was auch beruflich macht) nicht möglich das Interview zu übersetzen, doch Ginis Antworten sind doch sehr verständlich und gut zu lesen.
Ich hoffe ihr versteht das!
Jetzt aber zum wichtigen Teil

Das Gewinnspiel:

Zu Ehren des Erscheinens von Bd. 10 (Universal Alien) der Alien/ Katherine "Kitty" Katt Series vergibt Gini Koch einer glücklichen Gewinnerin oder einem glücklichen Gewinner die Chance sich ein Buch seiner Wahl aus den ersten neun Büchern der Reihe (Touched by an Alien, Alien Tango, Alien in the Family, Alien Proliferation, Alien Diplomacy, Alien vs. Alien, Alien in the House, Alien Research or Alien Collective) auszusuchen - mit personalisierter Widmung und das Beste ist: Das Gewinnspiel ist international!

Das Gewinnspiel läuft bis 28. November und alles was ihr dafür tun müsst sind die versteckten Buchstaben (ich hab sie rot markiert) in meinen Beiträgen zum Autorenspecial finden, zusammensetzen und das Formular auf der Startseite ausfüllen.

Viel Glück euch allen!


The Giveaway
In honor of the upcoming release of Book 10/ Universal Alien, Gini ist offering one winner the choice of one of any of the forst 9 books in the Alien/ Katherine "Kitty" Katt Series (Touched by an Alien, Alien Tango, Alien in the Family, Alien Proliferation, Alien Diplomacy, Alien vs. Alien, Alien in the House, Alien Research or Alien Collective), signed and personalized. Open Internationally.

The giveaway is open until 11/28th and all you have to do is this: Read my posts throughout the author special, find the hidden letters (I marked them red!), put them together and fill out the form on the start page of my blog.
Easy, isn´t it?

Good luck to all of you!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bevor es mit dem Interview los geht, hier noch einen kleinen biographischen Einblick wer Gini Koch ist. 
 
Über die Autorin/ about the author:

http://www.ginikoch.com/Gini Koch writes the fast, fresh and funny Alien/Katherine “Kitty” Katt series for DAW Books, the Necropolis Enforcement Files series, and the Martian Alliance Chronicles series. Alien in the House, Book 7 in her long-running Alien series, won the RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Award as the Best Futuristic Romance of 2013. As G.J. Koch she writes the Alexander Outland series and she’s made the most of multiple personality disorder by writing under a variety of other pen names as well, including Anita Ensal, Jemma Chase, A.E. Stanton, and J.C. Koch. Currently, Gini has stories featured in the Unidentified Funny Objects 3, Clockwork Universe: Steampunk vs. Aliens, and Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets anthologies, and, writing as J.C. Koch, in Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters, The Madness of Cthulhu, Vol. 1, and A Darke Phantastique anthologies. She will also have a story in the first book in an X-Files anthology series coming out in 2015. Gini can be reached via her website: www.ginikoch.com
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Und noch eins und bitte nicht weiter lesen, wenn ihr die Serie noch nicht kennt, denn bei Bd. 10 ist mehr als nur ein bissl zu erwarten, dass ihr gespoilert werdet, also LESEN AUF EIGENE GEFAHR!

Hier der Inhalt von Bd. 10 „Universal Alien“ :
Being the wife of the Vice President isn’t easy. Especially when your talents lie in kicking butt and rocking out…
Jeff and Kitty Katt-Martini find out just how easy it is for the wife of the Vice President of the United States to unintentionally insult an ally. Now they have to smooth things over with the Australian Prime Minister, pronto, or risk creating an international incident the worldwide anti-alien coalitions will be able to use to force Jeff to resign and the A-Cs to leave the planet.
But before Kitty can make things worse, a cosmic congruence and a little help from some powerful beings shoves her into another world -- one where she’s been married to Charles Reynolds for years and aliens don’t exist. She’s also landed in the middle of a huge conspiracy and is marked for death…but at least that’s business as usual.

Kitty’s not the only one confused, because the Kitty from that world has taken her place in this one. Now Alpha Team and the Diplomatic Corps have to make sure that no one spots that there’s been a switch, while keeping World War III from happening. And they have to do so while keeping this new Kitty in line, because she has views about what to do and how to it, and time is running out.

Can both Kittys save their respective days before it’s too late to go home to the universes they belong
to? Or will one Kitty decide to keep the other’s life…forever?
 ----------------------------------------------------- 
Jetzt habt ihr es geschafft und könnt euch nun entspannen, denn ich wünsche euch gaaaaaanz viel Spaß beim Lesen des Interviews, so wie ich ihn hatte bei der Planung und Durchführung!


Das Interview

1. Where did you get your ideas for the Kitty Katt/Alien Series from?


From a dream, actually. A dark, scary, noir-ish dream. And I was going to write a dark, scary, noir-ish short horror story. But by the time I’d gotten a few paragraphs in the voice wasn’t dark, or scary, or noir-ish. Frankly, the voice was kind of peppy and sarcastic. And it didn’t seem like the story was going to be short, either. Then Martini hit the page, charmed Kitty and me both, and I just went with it.

From there, as I write a book in the series, I „see“ what’s coming in the next few books in the series. It’s kind of odd, but it works for me.
 
2. On December, 2nd the 10th installment of the Kitty Katt Series is going to be released – will there be more?

 
Yes! Alien Separation, Book 11, comes out in May, and as of right now I’m contracted through Book 13, and I’m hoping to get to 16 or 20. Time, sales, and my publisher’s desires will tell!

 
3. Can you tell us more about you and your books (besides the Aliens) :) ?

 
Oh, gosh. I write under a variety of pen names – G.J. Koch, Anita Ensal, J.C. Koch, A.E. Stanton, Jemma Chase – and in all the genres, most especially science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, urban fantasy, horror, mystery, and suspense – so there’s lots of things out there by me. My bibliography is up at my website (http://www.ginikoch.com/bibliography.htm).


Basically, I’m a very prolific author. As Gini Koch and G.J. Koch I’m funny. I’m not funny as the other names, though each voice has a different sense of humor that comes out sometimes. But being funny is hard work, and sometimes a girl just wants to kill a lot of things and have the monster win, you know?

I write under a variety of pen names because my voice is different for each name. So Anita Ensal doesn’t really sound like Gini Koch, and so on. It’s more fun for me – I don’t have to do the same thing over and over again.
 
4. What can your German and American readers expect from you in the next months? Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to? 


Well, in addition to the release of Universal Alien, I’ve got short stories in several anthologies. Writing as Gini Koch – Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets, Unidentified Funny Objects 3, Clockwork Universe: Steampunk vs. Aliens, and coming up, Temporally Out of Order, and a to be named X-Files anthology coming in 2015. Writing as J.C. Koch – Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters, The Madness of Cthulhu Vol. 1, and A Darke Phantastique. There are more coming, too.

Also, I’ve got an urban fantasy/paranormal romance novel, The Night Beat, in an awesome boxed set – Sensational Six: Action and Adventure in Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. I’m in this set with Caris Roane, Jordan Summers, Sasha White, Vivi Anna, and (writing together) Marsheila Rockwell and Jeff Mariotte. This boxed set is currently $0.99, so it’s a steal. And, for those who already own The Night Beat I have a long excerpt of the next book in my Necropolis Enforcement Files series, Night Music, in the set, too. So, it’s a great deal and everyone should race right out and get their copies. :-D (And yes, Night Music is coming in early 2015.)

5. When did you start writing? Have you already written some stories when you were a child? If so, can you remember your first story?  


Other than one mystery story co-written with one of my then-BFFs for our 8th grade English class – wherein our big reveal was that a woman allowed herself to be accused of murder rather than admit to getting a speeding ticket (um, we were 13 years old and getting a TICKET that our PARENTS would know about seemed like a MUCH bigger deal than murder) – I didn’t write at all when I was young. When I was fifteen I was told by a teacher I knew to be an idiot that you could only write if you outlined. And despite knowing she was an idiot, I believed her. I’d try to write, and by try to write I mean I’d try to outline, have nothing useful to show for it after a few hours, and concluded that I wasn’t a writer. I always had characters in my head, I just figured they were there only for me. 

Many years later, I finally had characters who were SO loud that I couldn’t shut them up and so I wrote their story down to get them to stop screaming at me. After 8 hours, I had 200 pages (I type fast and I wasn’t editing anything at that time) and I have literally never stopped writing since. Turns out I’m an extreme linear writer, and outlining is something I don’t have to do in order to write creatively. Those characters are still the ones I love the best, because without them, no other characters of mine would have ever had life on the page.

So, yes, I can remember my first stories, both the mystery from 8th grade (where I learned, thanks to gentle critique from our teacher, that a mystery must be believable to work) and the first story that proved to me I was a writer. (Which is being shopped by my agent, so one day, I’m hopeful that will be published for all to read.) 
 
6. Any advice for those who write in their spare time and want to get published?  


Three things. 
1: Treat it like a business – learn the ins and outs and always be professional.
2: Writers write. Don’t talk about writing, actually DO the writing.
3: Never give up, never surrender.
 


Thanks Gini for answering my questions, I enjoyed to read them and I have to be honest: I have to check out the rest of your books, short stories and so on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed the interview as much as I did. I know it wasn´t that much, but I hope you had the chance to learn more about Gini and maybe you like her even more after reading all this.
I definitely do so!

Have a nice day and keep reading on the other days to find all the letters!

Lu

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hallo Mella,

    wirklich schöne Aktion..nur schade das mein Englisch persönlich so mangelhaft ist...schnief..

    LG..Karin..

    AntwortenLöschen

Formular Random House Challenge 2016

Blog-Archiv

Seitenaufrufe