Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2016

#RARE17 - Booked up in Berlin: The authors "Terri E. Laine"

Hallo Welt, 

heute ist es wieder soweit und ich kann euch einen weiteren Autor des #RARE17 - Booked Up in Berlin Events im kommenden Juni vorstellen. 

Heute habe ich mich dafür entschieden, dass ich euch Terri E. Laine vorstellen möchte, die euch etwas mehr über sich, ihre Bücher und vieles mehr berichtet. 

And here we go - wie immer das Angebot an meine Leser: Wer Probleme mit dem englischen Interview hat kann sich gerne melden und ich "übersetze" es für sie oder ihn.

Viel Spaß mit Terri und ihren Antworten auf meine Fragen.

1. Can you tell us more about you and your books :) ?

I left a lucrative career as a CPA to pursue my love for writing. Outside of my roles as a wife and mother of three, I’ve always been a dreamer and as such became an avid reader at a young age.

Many years later, I got a crazy idea to write a novel and set out to try to publish it. I write novels in the young adult, new adult, and adult contemporary romance market.
I became a USA Today Bestselling author with my co-authored novel, Cruel & Beautiful, under the Terri E. Laine, pen name. However, I’ve been writing for years. I have over a dozen titles published under various pen names. My journey has been a blessing, and a dream realized. I look forward to many more memories to come.

You can find more about me and social media links at www.terrielaine.com

2. What can your German and American readers expect from you in the next months (any chance a German publisher publishes your books)? Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to?

The next solo novel I will publish is Catching Fireflies, which will release in October 2016. It is a standalone novel that follows Chance and Brie from the Chasing Butterflies world. Speaking of Chasing Butterflies, Audible has produced this story as an audiobook and should release in the next few months. I also plan to release another novel before the end of 2016, title to be announced.

As far as my co-author projects, Annie and I will continue with the Wilde Players standalone, shorter fun and sexy novel series. We are planning to complete the Cruel & Beautiful series with a standalone novel telling Jenna’s story.

3. What do you do in your spare time when you are not working on a book? Do you have any other hobbies besides writing?

My two favorite pastimes are reading and shopping. With limited time, I mostly listen to audio books these days while multitasking. I also follow several TV series like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Vikings and Outlander.

4.I have to admit I haven´t read one of your books (yet) so I´d like to know which book (to start with) you recommend for a new reader? I know, it´s like asking a mother to pick her favorite child ...

It depends on what you are in the mood for. Chasing Butterflies is a second chance sports romance novel. It follows the lives of the hero, Kelley and the girl of his dreams, Lenora. They meet in high school and circumstances beyond their control tear them apart until they meet again in college where he will have to fight for her.

Cruel and Beautiful (C&B) is based on a true story that has an emotional punch that will keep you turning the pages. I can’t say much more without spoilers.

A Mess of A Man follows Ben from C&B, but can be read as a standalone. He’s a bad boy whose life is a wreck after tragedy strikes. Samantha will rock his world further and he will have to step up his game to keep her.

A Beautiful Sin is a story about a priest and his journey to get beyond his past. He will question his life choices, especially when he falls for a beautiful artist.

Our Wilde Players series are shorter and hotter novels about professional sports players and the people they fall in love with. Sidelined follows Fletcher, an injured NFL player and Fastball follows Ryder, an MLB pitcher.

5. Are you a reader yourself or do you not read anything while writing a new book? Are there any books on your bed stand?

I am an avid reader. I try not to read a book in the same genre I’m writing at the time. That way my ideas don’t cross.

Some of my favorite authors include John Grisham, Sue Grafton, Patricia Cornwell, J.D. Robb, Maggie Stiefvater, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, Karen Marie Moning, and J.R. Ward. It’s a diverse group as I read all genres from young adult to adult.

I recently finished a really good dystopian trilogy, Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I was riveted to my seat reading (listening) to the entire series back to back.

6. When did you start writing? Have you already written some stories when you were a child? If so, can you remember your first story?

As a child, I would make up stories in my head to pass time, especially on road trips. As I got older, my bestie and I would trade stories over the phone. But I didn’t actually put them down on paper outside of class assignments until over six years ago.


7. Any advise for those who write in their spare time and want to get published?

Write and often. You only get better the more you do it.

8. Is there anything else you´d like to tell us?

I can’t wait to get to Berlin next year. I’m looking forward to sightseeing.

-------------------------------------------------

Das war es auch schon für heute und ich hoffe es hat euch Spaß gemacht mehr über Terri und ihre Bücher zu erfahren. Ich habe jedenfalls das ein oder andere Buch auf meine Wunschliste gesetzt, die ich (hoffentlich) bis nächstes Jahr gelesen bekommen.

In diesem Sinne wünsche ich euch allen einen entspannten Abend und wir lesen uns bei der nächsten Rezension oder Interview.

Liebe Grüße
Lu

PS: Wenn ihr Vorschläge für Fragen habt, dann schreibt mir!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Formular Random House Challenge 2016

Seitenaufrufe